Hi Bakers! You know I’ve been baking for 10 years now and when I look at my cupboard it’s amazing how many tools and equipment I don’t have! So I want to share with you what are the essential baking tools for beginners.
People assume that my kitchen is overflowing with the latest hot tools and kitchen gadgets.
In fact, I’m still using the same pans, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons that I used when I first started out. They might be plain and simple but have stood the test of time.
What are the Essential Baking Tools for Beginners
I’ve been asked many times over the years from people who are just starting out on their baking journey what tools they need to get going. The truth is I have found that most recipes call for a limited number of tools that are really needed.
The following are the essential baking tools needed for a beginner baker that is good enough to get you started baking.
- Measuring Cups – used to measure your dry ingredients like flour, sugar and cocoa powder. It includes one full cup measure, three quarter cup, half cup, one third and one fourth.
- Whisk – is used to blend your ingredients and helps to incorporate air into the mixture. You can used this when you want to beat an egg whites and turning into royal icing or swiss meringue.
- Spatulas – has plenty of different kinds that is used in the baking. I can pretty much make a cake just using these two spatulas. Rubber spatula to help me scrape all the bits and contours of a mixing bowl and offset spatula to spread and frost the icing.
- Measuring Spoons – is one of the most imperative tool in baking. Most recipes such as cakes, muffins and bread call for precise measurement. This tools help you to be accurate as possible to measure your ingredients. It comes in a set of 4 or 6 spoons with different measures. It ranges from 1 tablespoon, half tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, half teaspoon, to ¼ teaspoon.
- Measuring Jug – helps you to measure the volume of your liquid ingredients like milk, cream and syrup. This jug tells you 3 different measurement from oz, ml and cup but some other jugs may not have it all. When a recipe call for a measurement from any of this three, this will come very handy.
- Mixing Bowl – is where you mix all your ingredients together. They ranges from glass, metal and plastic and as you go along into baking, consider to get more bowls with different sizes and ranges, this will help you a lot in the future.
- Sifter – used to separate and break up clumps in dry ingredients such as flour, as well as to aerate and combine them. It also gives a smooth batter when you mix your dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Oven – also one of the most important tool. You won’t be able to bake your cakes if you do not have an oven.
Baking Tools that Make Life Easier
Above is a list of essential tools that you need to get started in baking. However I wanted to expand a little more and tell you some additional tools which although not necessary, they will make your baking life easier.
- Electric Mixer – This tool is such a big help when mixing dry and wet ingredients together. Not only makes your work faster but also help you get the right texture and consistency of your cake.
- Digital Weighing Scales – These come in handy when you’re weighing your ingredients and you want a handy and quick weighing conversion done.
If you liked this post or have any questions please let me know in the comment section below. Happy baking 🙂
If you liked this post or have any questions please let me know in the comment section below.
Happy baking 🙂